Saturday 6 July 2019

So what stitching got done...

Well, quite a bit actually.

I'm going to go right back to where I left off with photos.

I've been stitching along on Poppy Dance by Marianne Broome, charted by HaED.  I was working across 2 pages at one point but it felt unwieldy.  I have part of page 11 done and have nearly finished page 12.  I am using this one for the Full Coverage Fanatics facebook group's Tour de France Challenge and for the Q3 90 days Stitching Challenge.  Of course, it will soon be the summer holidays too so this one can get loads of attention. I am at about 42% finished with it.  The lines are due to QSnaps rather than stitching.

Poppy Dance (Marianne Broome, charted by HaED)
28ct jobelan - white
A good friend/work colleague was married last October and I stitched a ring cushion for her.  The design I chose for her was the same one that I did a few years ago (should have kept the chart!) but this time instead of white on white it was royal blue on white - not my taste but she was happy and it matched the bridesmaids dresses almost perfectly.

Col's Creations - 28ct Cashel linen


They had a lovely day.  The initials were a nightmare as I wanted to use the font that was on the invites but had to chart it myself.  I now remember why I am a stitcher, not a designer!  The best news is that she is due her first child any day now.  

I finished a Patricia Ann bauble for the JCS ornie group on facebook.  It is so pretty and delicate looking - I must make it up properly! Here it is, hot out of the hoop.

Patricia Ann
Just Cross Stitch ornie issue 2017
Then I finally finished this little one. Prairie Schooler's JCS ornie 2015?  It's on black - that is my only excuse. I did FFO it but the repositionable glue I used was rubbish and it all fell apart :(
I'm going to do it properly in the summer holiday.

Prairie Schooler
Just Cross Stitch 2015?
Now...finishing this next one nearly made me cry with happiness. It is smaller than I imagined but it is SO adorable.  Summer in Sussex was a Nutmeg Company kit that I started about a million years ago.  I just had the urge to pick it up and finish it one day.  The stitching that was left probably took about 2 evenings and then another evening to make it up into the little house. I didn't have a photo apparently and as I am currently phoneless (which is great!) I can't take one.  I will for the next post though.

Finally, the weekend before I finished off Summer in Sussex, I had a FFOing weekend.  I was up to 26 Christmas ornies that needed FFOing and so made a start on them.  I tried to make one up to look like a Christmas tree and am thinking of sticking a twig or something in it to look like the trunk.  What do you think?  Is that a silly idea?  All the ones I have seen that are made to look tree-ish are very pretty and primped.  I was thinking a bit more rustic looking. So, in no particular order, here they all are.









I know I said finally...I lied. After I finished Summer in Sussex, I was inspired to pull out Cut Thru Stable for a bit.  Linda and I started this as a SAL many, many moons ago.  Linda's has been finished so long that the girl in the picture has great-grandkids! Mine has grown a bit, well actually, I nearly managed a page finish.  I did the back stitching as I went too - Cut Thrus have SO much!


Before
After
Bothy Threads - Cut Thru Stable

And now, that really is it.  Give yourself a pat on the back if you have made your way to the bottom.  That's impressive!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the adorable finishes Sharon. Nice progress on the stable. Makes me want to pull one out and work on it.

Linda

Rachel said...

Good to see you've still had time for stitching whilst studying; it makes for good down time in between all the hard work!
I love your FFOs, especially the tinsel eyelash used for the birds. If you need a little bit more encouragement, maybe you'd consider joining my no-pressure Fully Finished Gallery SAL on the 10th of each month? Details can be found on a page tab on my blog tenhourstitcher.blogspot.com. The more the merrier!

Katie said...

Wow lots of beautiful stitching going on. I think the tree shaped ornament would look really cute with a twig under it.

Astrids dragon said...

You have been busy! So many lovely stitched pieces and fabulous finished ornaments! And yes, to the twig.
Wow, great progress on the Stable!

Shelly said...

The cut thru stable, nice progress you made. The FFO'd ornaments look great, nice job! The ring pillow is gorgeous in royal blue, such a pretty color. I think you could get a twig or cinnamon stick under the tree shaped ornament. I made one like that with a cinnamon stick..turned out nice:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work this post, especially all the FFO'ing going on. Love that blue tinsel around the snowman ornie.
It's also quite a novelty to see a HAED with more than one or two pages completed! You are well on the way with that one.