Monday 29 July 2019

Poppy Dance latest and a new start

Helllllllooooo peeps!

How are you all this fine (and it actually is which makes a change for Manchester) day?

I joined Full Coverage Fanatics on Facebook recently and was just in time to be able to join in with the Tour de France challenge where you have to stitch the same number of stitches each day as the number of kilometres the riders are racing that day.  For once I kept up with it all the way through with there being quite a few days I was actually ahead of the pack.  I made brilliant progress on Poppy Dance and decided to keep going on it once the race was over.  Today, I finished off 2 pages of it (I was waiting for a colour for the end of one of them), which means there are now 10 pages completed.  In terms of stitches, I am 47.43% completed.  There are 72709 stitches completed, with 80591 left to go.
Poppy Dance charted by HaED
Marianne Broome

Although despite amazing progress on Poppy Dance, I also started Halloween by JBW Designs.  It is all Rachel's fault.  She is having some new starts this month and asked us to guess what they were.  I recognised this one immediately as I have had it in my stash for a while.  As you will know, I can always can never resist a new start and so found some Sparklies Thalia lurking in my stash and a nice Hallowe'en pumpkiny colour (Anchor 966 I think). Hallowe'en cats have GOT to be black in my opinion and so I changed them.

The fabric is looking really washed out in the photo, it is much richer in real life.  I think it is looking gorgeous.
French Country Scaredy Cats - JBW Designs
Sparklies Thalia 16ct aida
I have also been doing LOADS of finishing too. I have actually FFOed 7 things - that's right - 7!  I'm saving those to show you on the 10th for Rachel's FFOing challenge.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you've been doing really well on Poppy Dance, the colours are absolutely stunning. Glad you were able to keep up with the cyclists. Adding the stitches must have been so much easier than cycling the miles though!
Your new start looks fantastic and I'll gladly take the blame for you starting it! Looking forward to seeing more of that and your FFOs soon. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Come on, you can get to the 50% mark on Poppies now!

I was looking forward to seeing the Nutmeg Cottage finish but I suppose I can wait until the 10th LOL

Love those Hallowe'en Kitties.

Rhona said...

Those poppies are looking fantastic. Love the halloween design too, and the fabric is gorgeous.

Astrids dragon said...

Sit and stitch or sit and cycle, I think you made the right choice and it looks fantastic!
I love your Halloween start, so many kitties.

Tiffstitch said...

Love the colours on Halloween and great progress on Poppy too!