Saturday 7 June 2014

From September (not stitching related)

I was called into the Head's office for a meeting on Thursday to discuss what I would be doing in September.  That really surprised me as I was expecting to get made redundant!

Anyway, I am going to be covering PPA for year's 1 - 6 on 3 afternoons a week and management time for 2 of the senior leaders on 2 mornings a week.  I have talked the year 5 and 6 teachers into letting me teach science which I love and I am hoping that the year 3 and 4 teachers will let me do science too.  Science in our school is SO boring at the moment and I would like to make it more engaging.

I'm still job hunting though as in all honesty I am not sure that I really want to be teaching and have a feeling that the way it seems to be set up for me at the moment things are so slip-shod that I will be frazzled by Christmas!  I am toying with applying to work in high schools so that there is no risk of working in foundation stage which I hate.

So if anyone knows of any good science resources websites, please let me know!!

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your school teaches Science as a separate subject? Lucky you. Our's has rolled it all into "topic" (CBC I think it's called) so they can focus on our Numeracy and Literacy results.

Can think of any specific Science sites. Our school uses Education City but I don't know what that covers?

Congratulations on being kept on the work force too!