Saturday 30 November 2013

Generous stitchers

Sometimes, someone does something so lovely for you that it just totally overwhelms you.  This is one of those times.  A couple of weeks ago, I received a lovely email from Annette of http://californiastitcher.blogspot.co.uk/.  She had seen my blog post about my top 5 designs in this year's JCS ornie issue and how I loved the Gingerbread Cupcake design but no desire to spend a fortune kitting up the design.  Annette asked me if I would still like to stitch it as she had kitted it up for me...I mean...wow...how lovely is that?  Annette then told me she had especially dyed some fabric for me too.  I was (still am) completely overwhelmed by her kindness and generosity.   

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday and the arrival of the package.  When I opened it up look what 'fell' out. All of this!!!!  Annette had even cut batting and card for me to make it up and included some lovely extras. That hot chocolate you can see is yummy!  I'm going to see if we have it over here when I go shopping.  

As you can see there are 2 packages at the back.  The green one I have had to be really good and give to Colin as it's for Christmas.  The one on the left, Annette had written in the card that I could open it now. Well look what was in it!






How gorgeous is that little needle book?  It is so adorable and all the fabrics are lovely.

Thank you so much Annette.  I am so blessed that you thought of me and the package you put together for me is so lovely. 

Oh...and by the way...I have started stitching it :)

15 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Wow, this is so kind of Annette!!! This is Christmas already :D Enjoy x

Tricia T said...

What a sweet friend and Christmas treasure! I saw those needle books on Annette's blog. They are darling!! I look forward to seeing your completed ornament!

Tricia

stitchersanon said...

Oooo how lovely xx Fantastic gifts xx

Linda said...

What a great gift from Annette. I have received a couple giveaways from her and she is truly awesome.

Linda

Zeb said...

What a wonderful thing to have done :)

Thanks so much Annette for spreading joy!

Catherine said...

What fabulous treasures! Love that needlebook!

Annette-California said...

Oh I am so glad and excited that you got to start stitching the Christmas Cupcake ornament:) It's so darling!
You are most welcome Sharon. It was my pleasure.
love Annette

Christine said...

What a fantastic gift

Shirlee said...

Annette is a sweetie, for sure : ) Such a great package!

Chris said...

What a lovely thing for Annette to do!

Andrea said...

What a special package from Annette. How lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely thing for Annette to do! She really is very kind.

And thank you for posting the name of the Stitchwitch fabric people last time, I've seen some lovely fabrics on their site.

Dani - tkdchick said...

How generous! Stitchers are wonderful people!

Faith... said...

WOW - How awesome is that! Everything is beautiful; what a great stitchy friend.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

What a wonderful friend to send such an awesome gift.