Sunday 11 March 2012

A birthday, some stash and some stitching

Rachael's science teacher was absolutely fabulous when she had a bad hypo in the lesson. Rachael wanted to get her a little present and asked if I would make a card for her.  I asked her if there was anything her teacher liked. Rachael said giraffes and so I stitched the little Mouseloft giraffe kit that I stitched previously.  Rachael's teacher was really pleased with it by accounts.      
Giraffe card for Rachael's science teacher
Mouseloft kit
A little progress on She Sells Seashells but not much! Apart from this there isn't much else to show for stitching progress this week.  I have been busy working on a scissor fob for an exchange so can't show that yet.  It looks great though!
She sells seashells              
This is my gorgeous birthday cake that Colin and the children made me. They make me one every year.  Under the icing is a rather delicious chocolate sponge.  They were very kind and only put 10 candles on - it would have taken too long to blow them all out otherwise.


And finally here is the lovely stash I received for my birthday.  There are 2 Tiny Treasured Diamond Halloween kits, a fuchsia chart by The Silver Lining - fuchsias are my favourite flowers.


There were also 3 little charts too - a LHN, a LK and a JBW designs one, all of which were on my wishlist.

My birthday was on Thursday and Colin's is the day after. We went to Frankie and Benny's to celebrate Colin's.  Colin asked me what I wanted for my birthday meal and I chose spaghetti bolognese.  This is something that I normally make with the children and both of them do a really good job of it.  It was an absolutely gorgeous dinner and the cake that followed was scrumptious!  I am very lucky to have 2 kids that take an interest in cooking and at least I know they won't starve to death once they leave home!!

10 comments:

Faith... said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes! The cake looks Fabulous! :)

Great kits you got too.

Linda said...

Great new stash and I love the cake.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

Those are cute charts that you got for your birthday. How nice that your kids can cook for you. The fuchsia will be so pretty to stitch. We had a fuchsia tree when I was growing up, and I got in trouble for popping the flowers before they bloomed! It is just too tempting!

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday to you. The cake looks yummy!

Carolyn NC said...

Yummy cake! Happy Belated Birthday to you! Nice little present for the teacher and stitching progress. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday wishes.

Lovely cake and lovely stash!
Enjoy!

geeky Heather said...

Happy late birthday! What a wonderful bunch of kids you have. =)

Veronica said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great time. Cute card you've made. Seashells is coming along beautifully. Lovely stash. Can't wait to see your scissors fob.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Jo said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Lovely stash and cake... drool :)

Ewa said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day :)