Sunday 22 January 2012

Secret stitching sweetheart

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post.  We have been so fortunate and our prayers must have worked as our childminder has found out that her health problems are not currently as serious as were first thought and once she has recuperated, she will be minding again.  I can't tell you how relieved we are.  So we have to struggle on until 10th February but then fingers crossed she will be given the all clear to resume working.  She will have to have a major operation in the near future but we are all so thankful that she is on the mend now - not just because of the childcare issues but for her and her family too.

Jo at Serendipitous Stitching is having a fun Valentine's Day activity over on her blog. The secret stitching sweetheart.  Don't worry you don't need to make anything in a short space of time.  All you need to do is email Jo a photo of something you have stitched for Valentine's Day in the past.  When she knows who's joining in she will randomly allocate your photo to someone else.  Everyone posts the piccie on 14th February and then the fun begins as you visit all the blogs to see who got yours.  Once you find out you reveal yourself as  their secret stitching sweetheart.  Sounds good?  Go and join up then - the more the merrier!!

I haven't had a lot of stitching time this week.  But here is my progress for the week.  I have been stitching on the RR piece mainly.  I would like to finish that in the next couple of weeks.  I have really enjoyed the RR as it has been very relaxed.  Although it was only a small one with 4 of us, we haven't had a mailing date and have just let everyone know when we were ready to send on.  Surprisingly this has worked brilliantly.
Mystery RR piece - not sure who the designer is.
The colour of the fabrice is rubbish.  IRL it is lovely!
I have worked on Roots to Grow a bit too.  I would love to get this finished and framed.  It is a lovely design to stitch and I wish I knew what the fabric was as it is beautiful to stitch on.  
This is growing slowly.  I love the colours.
Waxing Moon - Roots to grow
I was really naughty in the week and ordered a chart and the threads for it.  There was a design on someone's blog and I can't for the life of me remember who it was but anyway I fell in love.  The design itself has been around years and has never caught my eye before.  As I didn't want to tell Colin about ordering it, I will have to leave it a few weeks before he sees me working on it.  Can you guess from the little I have done, what design it is?  If you can, I would be seriously impressed.  Stay tuned for more progress. 
So then what is this mystery piece???
It's actually stitched on DMC ivory fabric.
Finally, Bronny has redesigned her blog background and looks fab.  I complimented her on her talents and she reckons it's not that hard.  Well I am going to try and do one for myself - see what you've started Bronny?  Can anyone give me any tips on getting some really good photos of my stitching so they look a bit 'arty' close up type photos?  

8 comments:

Nicola said...

Good to hear that you child minding problems look to be sorted.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for the ad, and explaining the game so clearly and succinctly!

Chris said...

Good to hear your child minder is on the road to recovery.. don't know what that new design is... I can stitch for my DH in front of him and he never guesses its for him!

Chris xx

The Button Witch said...

Beautiful stitching Sheba, thank you for visiting my blog
Hopee to see you there again soon your comments are very much appreciated x

Wagapapa said...

Hi! I show your comment on my blog and now I'm visiting you for becoming a follower, thanks por passing by.

Your stitching looks great, love roots to grow and I cannot guess your mystery stitching.

I'm sorry I can't help with the photos, I use my Nokia mobile to make mines...

Have a good day!

Joysze said...

Great to know your childminder can keep taking care of your kids.

WIPs are looking great.

For close ups, use the macro setting on your camera with no flash. Works best under good lighting.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Anonymous said...

love your blog, and stitches,