Monday 28 September 2009

Poll added

I just want to be nosy, so I have added a poll to the top of the right side bar. I am curious about where people start stitching from when starting a new project. If you want to comment to explain your reasons for where you start from where you do please leave a comment on this post. If I am using a frame and my stand, I like to start from the bottom left. The reason for this is because I stitch with my left hand under the frame and my right hand on top. That way I don't put my hand on the stitching so much whilst stitching. However, If I am stitching in hand, I prefer to start from the top left and work down and then across so that my left hand is stitching and my right hand holds the fabric so again there is not too much contact with my stitches.

6 comments:

Meari said...

99% of the time, I start in the middle. Creature of habit!

Claire said...

Most of the time I start in the middle apart from a haed I started top left because it wasso big.

Lindsay said...

I'm a die hard middle starter and will only start else where if I don't have much choice, like on a band sampler

Beth said...

I always start in the middle. Well, except for one time, and then my stitching wasn't centred. Since then I've always started in the middle.

Bev said...

i start in the middle, in case i make a cock up and realise too late that im going to wrong out of space

Miss jane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.