Sunday 27 September 2009

Autumn exchange arrived


Lisa posted that her autumn exchange has arrived so I can post a pic of it now - thank you for letting me steal the pic Lisa. I finished as a pin keep. It was the first time I had made one and as it was so easy I think I will be making more of them now. Unfortunately I just couldn't make a bow that looked half way decent so it ended up without one. If anyone knows of a "complete idiot's guide to making a bow" please let me know where it is!!


I have finished the exchange piece for the halloween exchange and that will be on it's way to its new owner tomorrow. Once it's received I will post a pic.
Luke was substitute for his team yesterday. They were playing one of the better teams in the league and he came on just before half time. Unfortunately about 5 minutes after half time he gifted the opposition a goal for them to go 2-1 up. He was determined to make up for his error and then played a cracking 15 minutes of really good football and one of his team mates scored to make the final score 2-2. It was actually a really fair result as both teams played really well and neither deserved to lose.
I have signed up for another Open University course which will start in November. This time I am going for Understanding the Autistic Spectrum which although covering just about every issue surrounding the various conditions also covers education so should be helpful with job hunting too.

5 comments:

acereta said...

Nice pinkeep (even if I don't like this holiday), I also received few of such buttons at the exchange.

Claire said...

Great exchange,love haloween.
If you like reading blog's here's mine
claire-stitchart.blogspot.com

Carolyn NC said...

Cute pinkeep!

Meari said...

Nice exchange!

Lisa V said...

I think it was fab for your first pinkeep. You eventually get the hang of ribbons, sometimes mine turn out great and I'm soo pleased, others can take me ages so I end up doing another style. Vonna has a good pic tutorial on her blog.