Friday 20 December 2013

Wonderful Surprise and feeling very lucky!

When I got home from work today, Colin had left the post piled on the kitchen table for me to open.  There was one interesting looking package that had Shirlee's return address on the front but when it comes to post opening, I subscribe to the best til last theory so I first opened a bill, followed by a cute Christmas card from Shannon and only then allowed myself to fondle Shirlee's envelope.  The conversation between me and Rachael then went like this...
R - Wow, how many stamps do you need on a letter.
Me - A lot these days, especially when it is international postage.
R - Who's it from?
Me - Shirlee
R - Oh that's the lady that made our quilts.

So I am sorry Shirlee but in Rachael's eyes you are known as 'the lady who made our quilts'!

Anyway as I was talking, I opened the envelope and found a gorgeous, glittery Christmas card inside.  I also found a beautifully wrapped package.  First, I carefully opened the wrapping paper, then the bubble wrap that was protecting it.  As I got this off, I stood there saying 'Oh my word, oh my...' with Rachael laughing at me!!  You see, through the plastic bag that was then protecting the gift, I could see what was coming.

It was is beautiful!  Gorgeous stitching and finishing.  Stunning...and all for me!!!  Look at this!



And look at this backing fabric too...isn't it the perfect fabric for the design?  I love it.




Shirlee...it is gorgeous.  Everyone loves it and it now has pride of place at the front of the tree.  Thank you so, so much for thinking of me.  I was admiring this very design on someone's blog fairly recently and now I have my own!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fabulous ornament! That backing fabric looks like you could reach right in and grab a candy cane!

Annette-California said...

What a great surprise and spectacular ornament! Love the fabric on the back - so prefect.
Loved how you told your story opening it. Shirlee is a sweetheart.
love Annette

Christine said...

That is just gorgeous!

Shirlee said...

I'm so glad you like it Sharon : )

Andrea said...

A lovely ornament. The backing fabric is just great and so life-like.
Have a Happy Christmas.

Mii Stitch said...

Shirlee is such a sweetie!!! I love the design, the finish, the fabric... everything :) A fabulous gift. Wishing you a Merry Christmas xx

Linda said...

What an awesome ornament you have received.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous little ornie but the backing fabric really is the piece de resistence! I just love it!

Do you have a link to the quilts Shirlee made you?

Jan Gartlan said...

So, so sweet