Tuesday 12 November 2013

Just Cross Stitch - the top 5

Jan of Thread Garden fame has recently posted her top 5 designs from this year's edition of Just Cross Stitch ornament issue.  So here is my top 5...

5.  Pickle Barrel Designs - Peace on Earth
4. Plum Pudding Needleare - Let it Snow
3. Acorn House Designs - Poinsettia
2. Angel Stitching - Be Jolly
1. The Victoria Sampler - Gingerbread Cupcake

Sadly the chances of me stitching the Gingerbread cupcake are next to none as it will be fairly expensive for all the embellishments considering it is just a Christmas decoration.

There are several more that I like except they have something 'wrong' with them that puts me off.  For example I love Rosewood Manor's Peace Bird except for the colours.  I keep thinking it would be lovely stitched as a little robin sitting on a holly branch.  I do love the twigs used to frame it, fab idea.  I won't bore you with all my little moans about what I would have to change to make designs stitchable for me though :)

So what's your top 5 stitches for the issue?

9 comments:

Shirlee said...

There are oh so many good ones in this year's magazine : ) Mine are as follows:

5 - Dames of the Needle - Windy Night
4 - Blue Ribbon Designs - Redbirds Rejoice
3 - CCN - Snowbirds
2 - Plum Street Samplers - A Christmas Stocking
1 - BBD - Peace

Christine said...

Tricky, there weren't that many that really grabbed me this year.
I think:-

5 The Sampler Girl - O Night Divine
4 The Workbasket - Merry Merry
3 CCN - Snowbirds
2 Needle Bling Designs - Frosty Snowflake
1 Plum Street Samplers - Stocking

stitchersanon said...

I didnt even bother getting it. I was disappointed last year big time..didnt stitch a single one. And the recipes are all packets! How can they be recipes if your just mixing one packet of stuff with another? rofl...Bah JCS humbug!!!

stitchersanon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan Gartlan said...

We have 2/5 the same! Interesting to read everyone's point of view :)

Mii Stitch said...

I haven't got the issue sadly but saw the Be Jolly pic from Angel Stitching on someone else's blog & really love that one ;) So for me it would be my number 1!!! Have fun stitching yours

Linda said...

Great choices Sharon. I really haven't even looked at mine yet.

Linda

Annette-California said...

Oh if you only knew how you've inspired me. I so much have been wanting to stitch Gingerbread cupcake. When I saw your list and read your comment about next to none stitching it due to the expense, I had an idea:) Long story short I am going to be emailing you privately.
Love your choices of ornaments to stitch. love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You inspired me to make my own list! Mine seems to be quite different from anyone else's...

I suppose that shows there is something for everyone in the magazine.