Friday 15 November 2013

Grrrrr.....

...don't you hate it when you take photos and then can't get them to load up for some reason?  I took lots today for this blog post and the camera won't upload to the laptop.  I've put the battery on charge in case that was the problem, I don't think it was but it was the easiest and cheapest remedy to try.

So news without photos I'm afraid!

I was lucky enough to win a giveaway on Shirlee's blog recently and a gorgeous little New Testament arrived today.  It is leather bound and I have to admit that I keep sniffing it (love the smell of leather!) It arrived from across the pond in record time - obviously 'someone' knew I was in need of divine inspiration :)  It is gorgeous, thank you Shirlee!  (There would be a photo here, except there isn't!)

I did a little bit of stitching on Henry VIII on Tuesday but haven't got round to showing it.  (Insert photo here).

I got my order of gorgeous Sparklies fabrics today.  Black Dahlia and Pumpkin Patch quilting fabrics and Pumpkin Patch and Leo in 28ct lugana (insert photo here).  Also Kate offered a draw for tickets to the Dublin and Harrogate Stitching shows.  I was really lucky and won a ticket to Harrogate.  So I will be going next Saturday!!  Lucky me :)


8 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds like you have had good mail days!!

Zeb said...

No photos means we can use our imagination to see all the goodies you got today... I imagine you swimming in a sea of pretty fabric LOL!

Miss Lilly said...

Hope you get the photo problems sorted soon!

Have fun at the Harrogate show!

Shirlee said...

So sorry about the photo problems. I've never had any of those with Blogger but heaven knows I've had & continue to have my share of others! So glad the package arrived so quickly : )

Tricia T said...

I'll bet the New Testament and fabrics are just lovely!! I hope you'll post pictures when you can!

Tricia

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Sounds like you received some great goodies,looking forward to seeing your Sparklies fabric:-)

Linda said...

Oh bummer, no photos. But it sounds like you had a great mail day.

Linda

Annette-California said...

I too had problems loading my photos till I got Google Chrome. Then works like a dream. I was using firefox. I still have it but when I go to post on my blog I use Google Chrome - love it. The names of the fabrics you got sound lovely. Wonderful gift from Shirlee.
love Annette