Saturday 2 November 2013

Cross Stitcher at Work

I was feeling a little cheesed off the other day and thought that maybe a new start would cheer me up a bit. So after a fondle of fabric and thread, I came up with a small design that even I could finish before Christmas!   The chosen design was a Forever in my Heart piece that I have had in my stash for about 10 years - Cross Stitcher at Work.

I started stitching on Halloween whilst watching Monster House with Luke and Colin.  Then stitched for about another hour until bedtime.  When I stopped, I held it up to show Colin who was greatly amused by what I had stitched so far.  See photo for explanation!  This was done purely by chance.  I had decided that the 'h' was a good place to start the next line so I didn't miscount, then I did the 'er' and then worked backwards from there.
Forever in my Heart - Do Not Disturb
I did another half an hour yesterday morning and reckon that the whole design will have taken me 6 hours give or take by the time it is finished (and I'm a slow stitcher!)  But I have a crisis!  I can't settle on a thread to complete the 'Do not disturb' bit.  I thought I had but when I looked in better light, it really didn't work!

11 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Cross itcher rofl.. Very good. A very politically incorrect gift for anyone with chicken pox rofl. I think you have done very well. I understand your dilemma: it is so hard in this autumn light to work out what the colours are really like isnt it?

Pull the other thread said...

Beautiful work. A very amusing turn of events ending up as a 'cross itcher'. Hope things are better for you now. I always find a new start can cheer me up a bit.

Shirlee said...

Funny : ) I'm a slow stitcher too, but that's okay. Others may crank stuff out like an assembly line, but us slow ones take the time to enjoy each stitch : )

Mary Ann said...

That is funny! I am a slow stitcher, too. Or, I like to think of it as enjoying each stitch... And, starting a new piece is a great way to cheer up--better for the pocketbook compared to ordering new stash! : )

Justine said...

More stitching less itching! You've done such a lot on this for one evening, well done. I wish I was a quick stitcher too but sadly I'm not.

Linda said...

I love it Sharon. I'm still smiling. Great new start. I think that I should start something new.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You can get a cream from the chemists for that LOL.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looks like a fun stitch!

Zeb said...

Hahahah funny :) Love it!

Lesleyanne said...

Great new start.

Unknown said...

Looking fab so far!! Love where you have got to, stuff like this always makes me smile especially if unintentional!!! Nice one :-)