Wednesday 16 September 2009

Some finishes

I really don't know what has happened with my blog. My photo was uploaded the wrong way no matter what way I orientated it before uploading and now i can't rearrange my photos so that I can put my stitching first. So if you want to know what I have been stitching first you will need to scroll past the first bits!

Rachael always walks in the Denton Carnival each year with her dance group. This year they were dressed as zombies and performed to Thriller and the Monster Mash among others. We had great fun making the costume. Here's a tip if you ever need cheap dye for costumes - washable paint doesn't wash out properly! No matter what black poster paint I have bought the kids it has ever washed out when they have got it on clothes. So to save buying dye I put half a pot of black paint in an OLD washing up bowl with a bit of water to cover the clothes and left it to soak overnight. I then put it through the washing machine a couple of times to make sure that it if rained Rachael wouldn't end up with paint streaks running down her!! The clothes ended up a great zombie grey/black colour. We used a whole tube of black mascara on her hair with talc over the top of that and white facepaints with dark grey eyeshadow all around her eyes.


I joined the halloween/autumn exchange on Exchange Heaven and received my autumn exchange from Chris. It is fabulous and beautifully finished. I love it and it matches the walls in our lounge perfectly.


I have been doing a bit of Christmas stitching and finishing lately. Below is a very old design I had stitched but never done anything with. As I don't like Winnie the Pooh any more, I'm not sure what will happen to it now!

3 comments:

CindyMae said...

The costume is just great! Love the exchange piece, that is great! What a great card ornie too! Too cute and I am sure that even though you are not into Pooh anymore, it would look adorable on the tree this year!

Bev said...

the costume made me laugh, but now my daughter wants to rip her clothes and do the same for her school dicso, that will teach me to show her. I love the exchange piece too!!

Carolyn NC said...

Costume is looking good - lovely exchange!