Friday 17 August 2018

Finally...an update

Hello to anyone who is still around, the whole world seems to have switched over to Flosstube which seems to have become a bit of an obsession of mine!  There are so many talented stitchers out there showcasing their work. Even the stitch with me videos are great as I can stitch along and just listen to them talk about what's going on in their lives - but you know all this!  Rachael keeps saying that I should do my own flosstube video - honestly that girl is MAD!  Rachael is is a big fan of Flannel Jammies Farm and Luke will 'sit through' (watching but he'd never admit it!) The Addicted Sisters.

So...since I last posted I haven't really had any finishes.  I am in the middle of stitching a hardanger ring cushion for my workmate for her wedding in October.  I have just started the cutting - argggggghhhh!  It's scary!

I have stitched another page and a partial page on Poppy Dance and have now finished the top row of it.  When I pick it up, I find it hard to put it down again even if it is slow going to see any progress on it.
Poppy Dance
Marianne Broome
1 over 1 28ct white jobelan

And the whole thing so far :)
I have also finished February's part on the Under the Sea SAL from Lakeside.  Well I say finished but I need to get a thread to finish one of the fish but other than that, it's finished!  I started on May's design as that meant I didn't need to move the Q-Snap.

January and February
Under the Sea SAL
Lakeside Needlecrafts
I am still working through the focus pieces for the year for the rest of the year but I am planning on a new start in the first time for a long time.  I have started collecting the Letters from Mom (that will be getting spelt properly - sorry US readers) and plan on stitching one each for Rachael and Luke.  I'm not sure that Luke will appreciate it though. 

10 comments:

Linda said...

Nice to get an update Sharon. You have made good progress.

Linda

Poppypatchwork said...

We are still here, live your work.

Kay said...

Poppies look amazing. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see a post from you. Love those Poppies!

There's still a fair few Bloggers going, I think Instagram is another drain as it's so quick to post photos there. But I always liked the chat of a blog and the comments.

Rhona said...

Nice to hear from you again!
Lovely stitching, those poppies are wonderful.

Mii Stitch said...

Hi Sharon! You've made beautiful progress on the poppy piece!!! I have also started the under the sea SAL....I must finish it too... I probably have 5/6 months left to do ;)

Katie said...

I don't know why but the flosstube videos just bore me to death. So I post daily progress when I stitch on Instagram but I love chatting in the blog world. So please don't leave for long. Love your WIP. I need to get back to my Under the Sea SAL too. I really want to finish it but just have so many other pieces screaming for attention. Can't wait to see your new start.

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress, your Poppies are coming along beautifully!
I love all the Under the Sea critters, so cute.

Justine said...

Lovely to see an update from you! I like some Flosstube but some of them go on far too long! So if you're going to do it, make short films ok?!

Bridget said...

Lovely work Sharon, the poppies look great, I might do something similar for remembrance day in November, my husband says he can put them in a
photo mounts or I may just make it into a cushion for my grand dad. Please keep the updates coming
Bridget