Monday 15 October 2012

Two Little Lovebirds, Theme-a-licious, WIPocalypse updates

I have been very remiss at posting updates for my Theme-a-licious and WIPocalypse stitching.  I haven't really been stitching much at all lately.  I have worked on my Confetti of Hardanger and have unpicked more than I have stitched.  One bit of it had to be restitched 4 times before I finally got it right.  Another bit I stitched and thought it was fine and then eventually realised it was wrong.  So for now as I am so despondent with the piece, it has been stuffed in a bag and gone in the WIP/UFO box until I am ready to fight with it again!!!

So after all that there isn't an update really!!

I did finish Two Little Lovebirds by Love thy Thread.  It is a really cute design and should have stitched up really quickly if anyone else but me was stitching it.



It looks much better in real life.  I'm not sure what all the pulls and wrinkles are in the picture but they are not really there.  I love the trim, it sets the cushion off brilliantly and the blue is almost the same colour as the wedding theme.

12 comments:

Nicola said...

Adorable xxx

Mii Stitch said...

It looks sooo cute!! I love that little cushion. The little trim is gorgeous & the design is so sweet ☺ Well done!

geeky Heather said...

Those birds are adorable!! Congrats on the finish!!

stitchersanon said...

Stunning, really cute! Forgot to say I come from near where you live....still miss chips and gravy rofl xx Perfect cushion, really nice.

Joysze said...

That's absolutely darling!! :D

SoCal Debbie said...

What a beautiful gift, and stitched and finished before the big date, too!

Shirlee said...

Very cute ... lovely gift : )

Southpaw Stitcher said...

What a cute finish! I'm sure the recipients will love it!

Lesleyanne said...

A very cute finish.

Shaunterria said...

This is so sweet, and you stitched it beautifully. A wonderful gift :)

--shaunterria
ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous finish :D

Bev said...

i love the finish you put on it, thanks for stitching it!