Friday 2 January 2009

Oh dear.......I have been BAD today!

Well actually you can blame my hubby for this one. A while ago, I left my gluegun on the side in the kitchen to cool down. he didn't move it before cooking dinner and burnt the lead. As I thought it probably wasn't a very good idea to use it, it got binned. I had forgotten this and when I came to make up my ornie this morning spent half an hour searching before the penny dropped. A quick trip to Hobbycraft was called for as theirs were on special offer at the moment. To cut a long story short, I ended up buying a new gluegun, sticks, backing fabric, felt, mountboard, 5 Mouseloft kits, some new DMC perfume threads and some stitchbows. Ooooops!

Ok, I admit it...............it was my fault for leaving the gun there after it cooled and I deserve to go without. TOO LATE!!

My mum gave us a Wii and some games as a family present this year. Rachael was doing absolutely rubbish at bowling, getting really upset because she couldn't do it. After a little gentle coaching in how to change the angles etc she managed to get 8 strikes on the trot. WOW. Her final score was 267. I'm not playing HER again..........lol. This is a screen shot of her 8th strike.

Anyway, whilst she was busy annhililating her brother, I was in the kitchen finishing off the ornie I stitched last night and here it is............

(Mine's the Christmas Tree not the angel!!) That's January's ornie stitched and finished.
Well I suppose I had better think of something nice for tea to sweeten hubby up a bit.........lol.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

The ornie is lovely and tell Rachel congrats on her score!

BronnyB said...

A perfect excuse for a splurge...!!

What are DMC perfume threads???

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stash haul lol. I've seen the perfume threads on the Sewandso site. Are they nice?

Well done to Rachael. Tell her to pass me some tips as I can't do the bowling either.

Daffycat said...

Wow, great stash! It's ok to splurge every now and again!

Autumn said...

Yes, do tell!! What are perfume threads??

Chiloe said...

Bad girl: but it feels soooooooooo good , right? lol

Elizabeth Braun said...

I've gone mad of late too, but not on stitching things this time - on make-up!!! Well, it was my own 'pocket money', so no matter, but I did go a bit OTT and then gave a couple of things to friends.=) Hobbycraft can seriously impact on your cash though, I know! As can stitching/craft shows.... Not long until the M'cr one....

I wonder about those DMC scented threads. I mean, does it matter if they smell nice?? Are they any good? Are the scents nice?

Thanks for your visit to my blog. Come back often!=)

Ann said...

Nice to meet a fellow blogger from England Sharon! Good idea of yours to make a Christmas ornament each month. Hope we do get to be swap partners sometime in the future.