Thursday 17 April 2008

We have an insulin pump

Yesterday we went for our weekly pump training at St Mary's and were handed a brand new PURPLE Paradigm 722 pump. What a shock. We knew nothing about getting it so quickly. This week we are just playing with it and learning how to programme a basal, a bolus and that sort of thing. Today we have ordered some pump pouches for Rachael. She chose a dog one and a purple one. It's hard to tell who is more excited us or Rachael. If Rachael can demonstrate that she can work the basic features next week, she will come home pumping saline for a week or two before going live with insulin.



I also had a good day yesterday as I got loads of cross stitching goodies in the post. I got 3 Bothy Threads designs - the cut thru pirate ship, haberdashers and florists. I also got TW's mini winter sampler and Nora Corbett/Mirabilia Violet. One design (Garden Shed is on back order and on it's way.

This was the first time I have ever got caught for customs charges. £6.42 for customs and £8.00 for Royal Mail!! Still it was well worth while buying the stuff in US as even with the customs charges I still saved a fortune.

No comments: