Sunday 30 March 2008

Sunday Sunday

Rachael had a sleepover at her friend's house last night which turned into a bit of a disaster. Her blood sugars were 6.8 at 8pm - brilliant! They were still in the 6's at 10.30 which is not so good. At the moment Rachael needs to be going to bed at least 10.0mmols to get through the night and even then we would test at 3am to make sure she hadn't dropped too low. Another phone call at midnight to say that she has had 2 slices of toast and 2 custard creams and was now finally creeping up towards the low 9's. Hurray!! A phone call this morning to discuss breakfast carb ratios found Rachael with a reading of 2.3. Yikes!

Rachael has been very subdued since she came back from the sleepover. I hope it is purely due to lack of sleep and not her blood sugar readings upsetting her.

Luke had a good evening last night. We decided as a treat we would have a buffet type tea meal with lots of sweet things that are normally rationed a bit as it isn't fair that Luke can have them when Rachael is restricted by what she can have, or rather how much she can have. He also stayed up until 9.30 pm.............really late for him.

Luke's behaviour today has been awful, is it due to the late night or sugar overload?

Cross stitch wise I am a little cheesed off. I am stitching a design for Rachael's teacher when she leaves his class in July and have just realised that I am one row off for about half of what I have done...........grrrrrrr.

I have decided to leave that for a few days whilst I cool down about it before starting the frogging. Instead I am concentrating on Sunday Cricket for a few days. I am about half way through this now. There is only about 200 stitches in the top half left now.

No comments: