Monday 19 February 2018

15! FIF...TEEN!!!!

15?  15 what I hear you ask. See if you can guess before you read any further.

15 little itty bitty Christmas finishes that need FFOing.  Well! Luke is away on a college residential to the Lake Distric next week so I could get the sewing machine out and leave it on the kitchen table all week!! So, watch this space!

I got my Around the World in 80 Stitches out during the week as it fitted most of the Stitch Maynia Olympic challenges.  I didn't do much - it was the last week of term which is always hectic as we have to fit EVERYTHING in that doesn't want carrying forward to next term into it.

To add to the Christmas shame...I finished another design yesterday.  In my defence, it is almost FFOed.  All it needs is some felt on the back to cover up the stitching mess that is there. Snowflake Tree by Mill Hill stitched on perforated paper.  It was my first time using the stuff and I am still undecided whether I like it or not.  It is a really cute design and will be lovely on my little ornie tree this year.  This was one of the projects on my focus list for the year which means I have now finished 3 projects off that.

Mill Hill - Snowflake Tree
In other news, Luke brought home a trip letter from college this week.  I think I prefer the good old primary school days when a trip letter meant finding a tenner to pay for it.  This one is a 'psychology' trip to New York for 5 days.  A mere £1000!!!  Sorry, I shouldn't exaggerate, I do get £15 change from my £1000.  Still they are packing in absolutely tons of activities in the short time they are there so it will be well worth it - especially since it will be the first time he has ever left the country!  I wonder if I could get him to go cross stitch shopping for me???  Hmmmm...

9 comments:

Linda said...

Cute finish Sharon. Oh you should definitely send Luck shopping.

Linda

Katie said...

Good luck on your finishing. Your MH looks fantastic. I love working on perforated paper. So easy to finish off when you finish it if you know what I mean haha.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The little tree is very cute, nice work on finishing that.

Tell the college that you are poor and they should pay for Luke to go if it's so essential!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Love the Christmas tree finish.

Joysze said...

Oooh cute finish!! Looking forward to seeing the others!

Justine said...

I'm dreading high school for that very reason! We certainly don't have children to become rich. Hope you got all 15 FFOs done though if you're anything like me you'll just add more to the pile!

Bonnie Brown said...

Can't wait to see the 15 FFO's!
Your mill hill looks great. Are backs every really great LOL

I hope your son can go on the trip. New York is a dream of mine

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Snowflake Tree is so pretty.I hope your son enjoys his trip.Mine never wanted to go after Primary School and yet now our younger son is going to live and work abroad.

Karoline said...

Such a cute finish.

Ouch on the cost of the trip but I'm sure it would be a fantastic experience for him.