Sunday 21 January 2018

I love cross stitch

Well, I do - but it is also the 'thing' that I finished today. This little bookmark kit was a cover freebie from CrossStitcher magazine around about a gazillion years ago.  I probably won't finish it as a bookmark but after about 10...15...ok ok...maybe more...here is I love cross stitch, the bookmark!


The one thing that is annoying me is how there was a wider gap at the top between the design and the border to what there was under the flowerpot.  I will have to see how much it annoys me and perhaps change it so they are the same width.  The border should have been 3 wide but looked very heavy so I changed that as well.  Oh and it should all have been stitched with one thread but that clearly didn't register when I started it as it was 2 threads.  I left out the back stitch too as it was that blocky outlining that doesn't usually add much to a piece. Apart from that it is as charted/designed 😜

Last year, I got loads of SewandSo vouchers for Christmas and birthday presents and therefore treated myself to a floor stand.  Today I have put Gardens of London on it so that I can work on that more effectively.  I thought I would bore you with a few pics of what it looks like at the moment.






Tried to capture the bling of the metallic threads but clearly failed miserably!!

I have found a couple of flosstube channels that I really enjoy (Kitten Stitcher and Stash Queen).  Please feel free to give me some recommendations or if you know I have followed your blog, let me know that you are on flosstube.

8 comments:

KimM said...

WOW! Looks great - and love the little bookmark!
xxx

Katie said...

Great finish. Your WIP is just beautiful. I've noticed stitching just refuses to photograph well.

Daffycat said...

Beautiful WIP! I’m looking forward to seeing more of it! I like the permanence of blogging. I’m staying put. I do enjoy flosstube when I have time.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I recognise that Chatelaine! It's going to be my focus this year alternating between the Discworld Mappe.

I watch quite a few FlossTubers and Emily C is one of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyo82ed6INkZP_DsCHlwR3w

And Stephanie, Ms Oh Sew Crafty:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmdV96AHikXjhVmOUVSfDQ

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

A pretty finish.I like your Gardens of London wip

Sally said...

Your bookmark is so sweet!

Wow Gardens of London is stunning.

Suz said...

Your progress is quite lovely! And that bookmark is darling.

I have a couple of friends on flosstube, but alas, I don't remember their channel names, because I don't watch flosstube. I guess I'm going somewhat luddite by sticking to traditional blogging, but there seem to be so many fun channels for your flosstube watchers :)

Meari said...

The bookmark is so cute!