Friday 6 January 2017

Boxes of Shame / It's a shame

Recently, after reading one of my favourite blogs - Jeremiah's Mom recently, we had a discussion on boxes of shame.  The idea being that she will 'finish' finish the 29 pieces that she had stitched but boxed up.  She challenged me to examine my box of shame...biiiiiiiig mistake! I have 38!!!! 38 stitched but nothing else done with them pieces...oh...dear. I think I might need to do something about them.

Now onto the 'it's a shame' part of my title. Well really, that's not fair to say.  Rachael has received an offer from Lancaster to study Biochemistry.  This was her first choice uni but because she didn't do so well in her AS levels in chemistry, we thought she would be unlikely to get a place there.  She applied to go there for biology, just in case, as that was a grade lower than biochem. She is pleased as punch and absolutely over the moon that she will (hopefully) be going there.  I'm pleased as it is only an hour away :)

The rotation is going well - 7 hours into round 1!!


13 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations to Rachael. That is fantastic. Glad your rotation is working out for you.

Linda

CalamityJr said...

How wonderful for Rachael, and only an hour away! You'll both be thankful for that. Looking forward to seeing your finishes.

Heather said...

Wow good luck with the BoS! Good luck to your daughter!

Claudette497 said...

I'm happy dancing for Rachael! I don't think of it as my drawer of shame, I think of it the as my treasure box; the victory for me is the stitching, I almost don't care what happens after that.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I hope Rachael realises her ambition to go to Lancaster uni,and does well in her A levels.A nervous but exciting time for her and you.
I have finished unfinished pieces too and no idea what I would do with them..one day maybe!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Congratulations to Rachael. It's great to get an offer from your first choice. I'm pleased that your rotation is working for you - it's not something I've been able to get into, much as I would like to.

Kaisievic said...

Congratulations to Rachael, wonderful news. An exciting new chapter in her life is about to begin. I am sure that you will work your way through your UFOs eventually - but for me there is no hope - I am sure that my Box of Shame is in the hundreds! lol!

Katie said...

I'm so glad my friend enabled me and I enabled you. Get those beautiful pieces finished and on display. I wish you lots of luck!!

Congrats to Rachael. I wish her lots of luck!

Bea said...

Congratulations to Rachael! It's so nice she got her choice.

Justine said...

Congratulations to Rachel! I went to Lancaster Uni and loved it. My mum drove up a few times and took me out for lunch on a Friday as it was close enough to home.
My Box of Shame is way worse than yours!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations to Rachel! Uni's do like it if you choose two courses at the same place, it shows how much you like them!
Keeping fingers crossed for her.
I have been planning to spend Sunday afternoons doing finish-finishing but it didn't happen today as all my scrap-booking stuff is still packed away from Christmas.

gominam said...

Glad to hear the good news, congrats. Would love to see all those 38 projects in the future, have fun.

Meari said...

Was hoping to see your Box of Shame, lol. I only have a few pieces that I haven't done anything with. Some intentionally, some not. Good luck with finishing yours.