Saturday 30 May 2015

Archery again!

Well over the last few weeks, I have been all over the country at various archery competitions.  Some have gone better than others but the one thing they have in common is that I have thoroughly enjoyed them all.

I have even had a bit of success with them.  At one competition I was 9th but the highest scoring non West Midlands archer.  This meant I won the Open 1st place medal.  It felt a bit like a thanks for turning up prize though!  However, last week in Doncaster, I got 3rd place at the shoot I was attending.  It was a lovely club and there were only about 20 archers there, one of whom was an Olympian.  It was interesting watching him shoot and unsurprisingly he won the gents competition.

I don't have a competition for the next couple of weeks but after that I think I have at least one competition every weekend until the middle of October.


12 comments:

gominam said...

Wow, what a great achievement! You're a very fast learner and getting medals now, remember us when you get so famous alright? I'm so happy for you:)

Linda said...

Congrats Sharon. Are you doing any stitching?

Linda

Poppypatchwork said...

Well done, glad you are enjoying your sport.

Christine said...

Well done!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

What a great way to meet people who share an interest and sport,congratulations on your placings.

Catherine said...

Very cool!

Justine said...

Lovely to hear from you! Glad to hear you are still enjoying your archery but don't forget the stitching now!

Mii Stitch said...

Well done!!
Have you totally giving up on cross stitching? :)

Katie said...

Congrats!!!

Angela said...

Congrats, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun :)

Debbie said...

Wow...well done you and congratulations. What a fab achievement. I would have loved to try archery but unfortunately I had a shoulder injury and was warned against it....but I'll be watching you and your achievements now instead. Good Luck with future competitions too.
Debbie xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Congratulations on your wins.