Thursday 25 December 2014

Santa Sleighs, iStitch Advent SAL, Christmas


***** Merry Christmas *****

Back in 2008, I made Santa Sleigh's with Rachael and Luke.  We have always had fond memories of them and every year since, we have said we should make them again.  So this year we did!  Here is a link to the original versions...Santa Sleigh's...and below are what we created today.  Hopefully you can see some improvement in technique :)  First time round, Rachael would have been 9 and Luke 7.

Rachael's

  Luke's  

Rachael's

Rachael's

Luke's    

Luke's   

Rachael's

Luke's    

A photo taken from a strange angle which makes the kids look about 7ft tall!  Our tree is actually 8ft high with a 12" angel on top!  (The first ever (we think) of one of the cats being in the kids, tree and presents photo.)

Rachael cuddling David...bless.  One of her presents actually reduced her to happy tears.  One of the lads from school, no they're not going out, they're 'just friends', bought her a mug with one of the selfie's of Rachael when she met David Tennant.  Bless...


Luke opening one of his Xbox games, not one I would have chosen!  Sadly, it was an 18 so he will have very limited time on it daily.


This is the tree this year.  You can't actually see many of my cross stitch ornies or the ones that have been gifted to me.  I sit at the far end of the sofa you can see in the photo and tend to hang them to the side so that I can view them when I'm sat on the sofa.


And finally, I have been stitching the iStitch Advent SAL this year and finished it ON TIME!  Can you believe that?  I was about 6 days behind until Sunday but caught up and was ready and waiting for the final part to be released on Christmas Eve.  Now how to finish it???


11 comments:

Linda said...

I love the Santa Sleigh's. What a clever idea. Love the pic of the kids with the tree. Congrats on finishing the SAL piece. It is gorgeous.

Merry Christmas Sharon. Thanks for being my stitchy friend.

Linda

Meari said...

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely pictures of family and stitching. Definitely would enjoy helping to eat one of those sleighs.

Katie said...

Great Christmas pics. Looks like a wonderful time.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love those sleighs! Maybe we should try one next year.
Your tree looks great, good idea to keep the best ornies to your side LOL.
It's tricky when people give unsuitable gifts! The Large Boy is 12 now and some 15 stuff is OK but I like it vet it first!

KimM said...

The Santa sleigh looks yummy - what a great idea. Looks like you had a great Christmas - and love the iStitch piece - the charm is so pretty. Can hardly wait to see how you finish it.
xxx

Annette-California said...

Beautiful photo of your children by the tree and how fun to make those darling sleds. Lol - I also place gifted stitched ornaments perfectly so I can see them where I stitch from. Congrats on finishing your Christmas sal, its gorgeous!!! Merry Christmas, love Annette

Brigitte said...

Great idea, these Santa sleighs, and how sweet they are, lol. With me they wouldn't last for a long time, lol.
I love the advent stitching , such lovely motives.
Very nice family pictures.

Unknown said...

Lovely photo and tree. Your kids look a similar age to my two older kids. Happy new year

Andrea said...

Great Christmas pics. Love the Santa sleighs. I have seen something similar with bars of different chocolate put together. Great idea!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Those sleighs look so yummy :-D lovely stitching finish too that fabric is gorgeous for it.