Friday 19 December 2014

Advent Blog Hop

This is my most favourite event of the cross stitch blogging world. I love Jo's blog hops but especially the Christmas one. If you want to see what everyone has to say about their favourite presents, clicking this link will take you to Jo's post with each day - Serendipitous Stitching.  Thank you Jo :)
My photo is of the most gorgeous ornie that Shirlee sent me recently. I haven't posted about it on my blog yet as I wanted to save it for this special post. It was a wonderful surprise to receive it. Thank you Shirlee.
Jo wants us to tell you all about our most favourite present ever. For me, it was a pair of roller skates. They were the old fashioned ones with red leather which laced up across my foot and were adjustable underneath with a spanner as my feet grew. I loved them SO much and spent hours and hours over the years playing on them. I never did perfect turning round and skating backwards.
This year I am just hoping for money as I have recently taken up archery and want to get my own bow and it can go towards that.

18 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in our most popular Blog Hop!

Shirlee's Santa is lovely and looks great on your tree.

Those roller skates were so popular when we were kids, my sister and I had a pair and so did one of our other Advent Hoppers! They were her favourite present too.

Rhona said...

I had a pair of those skates too! Ahhh, the memories....and bruises :)
Lovely ornie.

Merry Christmas!

Katie said...

Beautiful ornament and great story.

Linda said...

Lovely ornament Sharon. Merry Christmas my friend.

Linda

Angela said...

I used to love roller skating too, gorgeous ornie from Shirlee.

Justine said...

Lovely ornie from Shirlee. I love the Advent Blog Hop too. I also had a pair of those roller skates. I wonder how many pairs of shoes were scuffed from falling off them? I was never very good at skating. We used to hold onto the fence post and dare each other to freewheel down our drive.

Shirlee said...

I had skates like that too! Haven't thought about them in years. Thanks for reviving good memories. I'm glad you like the ornie : )

cheryl said...

Lovely ornament. Merry Christmas!

Christine said...

What a lovely ornament! Happy Christmas!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful ornament from Shirlee! I enjoyed your lovely story. Hope you get to do more archery! Merry Christmas love Annette

Sheryl said...

Beautiful ornament

jocondine said...

Great Santa! Merry Christmas Joyeux Noël! xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely ornament and a great Christmas memory.

Andrea said...

Me too, I had a pair of those skates. A lovely ornament from Shirlee.

A Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Beautiful ornament.

Interesting how many stories there have been about roller skates in this blog hop. I never had the balance for them when I was young but 2 of my grandchildren will be getting skates as their present this year so although the designs etc have changed the enjoyment of roller skating lives on

AnaCristina said...

Merry Christmas!


Brigitte said...

A nice blog hop post. I have loved to read all the stories about those favourite Christmas gifts, and most of them were given during childhood.

rosey175 said...

Lovely gifted ornament and story~ I hope you got your monies for your new hobby. :D