Wednesday 20 March 2013

Prayers worked

All the prayers and good wishes have obviously worked as Colin has just started a job with the company.  It is only a 4 month contract initially but Nick, his boss, has said that it is a foot the door.  Hopefully when this contract is up there will be some more work for him - fingers crossed.  So thank you to everyone who sent good thoughts and prayers our way.

I haven't had much time for stitching as I am currently studying an OU module which is really hard work.  It is a level 3 course, equivalent to the last year at a brick university and is Research with children and young people.  This is an area that I am not familiar with, especially the key terms.  One of the set books has turned me into a Pavlov dog and every time I even think about reading it, I start yawning.  I received the mark back from my first assignment and it was the lowest mark I have ever received (this is my 8th module), so I must need to study even harder.

Apart from the updates I have posted over the last couple of days, I have stitched on Roses of Paris and Sweet Pea Pixie.

Chatelaine Designs - Roses of Paris
Nora Corbett - Sweet Pea Pixie
I also had a birthday on March 8th and Mother's Day on March 10th.  With Colin not having a job we were supposed to be having a very cheap birthday without presents apart from the children giving ONE SMALL THING. The capitals are because despite agreeing to the rule, Colin was unable to keep it.  I was very lucky and received the Tiny Treasured Diamond kit and the chart and threads for JBW's Halloween.


Then I received nearly all the silk threads for Roses of Paris.  I have to say my favourite is the Northern Lights (magenta) which is divine in real life.


And finally...

each year they bake me a cake.  Now I'm not saying I'm a chocolate fan or anything but as you can see by the cake I do enjoy a little nibble :)


14 comments:

Shirlee said...

I'm so happy to hear that Colin has started this job! Will continue to pray that there will be more work for him when this particular contract is up : ) Happy belated birthday! You received some great gifts & that cake looks very yummy : )

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats to Colin! No longer a gentleman of leisure!
How nice that you got a little spoiled for Mother's Day and your birthday too.
The cake is gorgeous too.
Children and Young Persons are my area, not sure if I can help with the research side of things though!

Glad the postcard arrived, I'd have sent a Birthday card if I'd realised!

SoCal Debbie said...

Happy Birthday! What beautiful floss and goodies you got for your birthday. The cake looks fantastic!

Shaunterria said...

Happy birthday, and congratulations to Colin "getting a gig" as we say here in the States :) You are making great progress on Sweet Pea Pixie, I can't wait to see more of her :)

--shaunterria--ca11i0pe.blogspot.com--

Linda said...

Well belated Happy Birthday Sharon. I am so happy for your husband. Sending happy thoughts your way so they keep him on. Great progress on your stitching and beautiful floss.
That cake looks yummy.

Linda

Monique said...

I am glad things arr looking up for you and your family. That looks like such wonderful birthday gifts!

Karoline said...

Glad to hear that Colin has found a job, fingers crossed it becomes permanent.

Good luck with the studying & you got some lovely things for your birthday.

Mii Stitch said...

Yay!!! So happy for you that Colin has found a job! I'll keep everything crossed & hope they keep him after the initial 4 months.
Your Arc de Triomphe is coming along nicely & that choccie cake look delicious!! Happy Birthday sweetie x

Lesleyanne said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Gorgeous stitching. Congrats on Colin's job, hope he gets made permanent. Good luck with the studying.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Great news or your hubby,hope it lead to other work.
Happy belated birthday,you received lovely gifts.

Carolyn NC said...

Cheers for DH and his job! Good luck with your studying and hope all goes well. Happy Birthday and Mother's Day - lovely cake! And wonderful stitching and presents!

Kerryp77 said...

Happy belated birthday and great news on the job front too. the wips are making lovely progress and the stash is gorgeous.

Faith... said...

So glad to hear that Colin got a new job! Love your new threads, they are so pretty.

That cake looks YUMMY.

Topcho said...

So happy to hear about the job! I hope all goes well :) All of your stitching os beautiful :D