Sunday 1 March 2009

Daylight Lamp

Yesterday, I turned on my stitching lamp and all it did was flicker a few times and die on me. Arrggggghhhh, I thought. Is it the bulb or is it the actual light? Thankfully on closer inspection, the bulb was black near the bottom end. Just a new bulb needed then! A quick search online reveals that the bulbs are £14.99 each!!! I can buy a new lamp for £30, how can a bulb so much?? Still never mind, I NEED my lamp so a quick trip to Hobbycraft this morning and I am back stitching. Just as well really because the Cross Stitch Crazy month long SAT starts today.

3 comments:

CindyMae said...

Hope you get that bulb fast! Being without good light for stitching is never a good thing!

Lindsay said...

And I thought £3.99 for a new bulb was bad enough! I learnt my lesson on that along time ago when mine went on a Saturday night before a Bank holiday and now keep a spare in all the time

Jo said...

Day light bulbs are expensive! I invested in a low energy daylight bulb, it was about the same. It's actually brighter than a regular blue daylight bulb, and I always feel smug about it being low energy. But it would be a nightmare if it blows!!

Good on your for applying to Uni - good luck for the application process