Saturday 20 January 2018

2018 plans

Having not done a lot of stitching lasy year really, well certainly the latter half of the year, I intend to get back to it. I was going to carry on with the tapering rotation but have decided to go through my stash - honestly and with the critical eye. Whilst doing this I ended up with several boxes - the 'yes I still want to stitch this as some point in my life' box, the 'eurghhh, why did I ever buy/start that' box, the 'oooh yes, I love that' box, 'hmmmm, don't know' box and the 'why the hell is that still not finished?' box. I have listed a whole load of stuff on ebay and made a few pennies from it and re-arranged everything so I know where to find it, with the exception being a few WIP/UFOs that I can't find where I put them!

So the box I am currently working with is actually a partial amalgamation of 2 boxes.  I have the 'why is that not finished' box and a few from the 'oooh yes, I love that' box. These have become my Focus for 2018 box. I think there were 25 pieces on there, which makes it just less than a third of my entire currently started list.  I can already claim a finish from the WTHITSNF box with Strawberry Scissor Case by Lizzie Kate being finished after about 10 years!!!  Is that some kind of appalling record for a very small Lizzie Kate design?

Lizzie Kate Strawberry Scissor Case
There's been a lot of changes in the last few months - Rachael's gone off to university to study biology. She didn't get the grades for Lancaster in the end so had to go through clearing. After a scary week of visiting unis that we had never even considered before, she settled on Keele and has been loving it ever since.  She has made loads of friends and seems to be enjoying the course very much.

Luke has college now and is studying psychology, geography and sociology.  He had a bit of a blip a few weeks ago and was skiving but is back on track now and working hard.

I'm just carrying on - work, home, archery, church (not always in the same order!) That's it with me really!

I know a lot of people seem to have given up on blogging for other platforms but I haven't really found any that I like as much as blogging. So I do read facebook, but didn't get on with Instagram and others.  I have started watching a bit of flosstube and have found a few bloggers I have followed are on there. Of course I have to be able to get the TV first! It's not the same watching it on the laptop.
So anyway, hopefully I will get a bit more blogging done as well as stitching this year!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Sharon. Glad your back. I've missed your posts. I really need to do some major organizing too.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful to see you back and hear how the family is. I am glad that Rachel is enjoying university.
Looking forward to seeing what you stitch next from the Boxes of Wonder!

Shelly said...

Welcome back! Good luck with your stitching plans. The LK piece looks great!

Poppypatchwork said...

I love blogging, nothing else fits, nothing better than finding your favorite blogger has a new post. Looking forward to seeing more of your stitching, my mojo is still gone, but it will come back it always does.

Mii Stitch said...

It is so nice to read your blog post again! I am still around but not blogging as much.... just focusing on the stitching :D I am looking forward to seeing your lovely stitching work.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Happy New year Sharon.It is lovely to see you and see your first finish which so pretty.
I have had a stash sort out this month and feel rejuvinated.Looking forward to seeing more of your projects.

stitchersanon said...

I go on fb but it's not the same as blogging. I don't go on any of the others. Kids will be kids and sometimes they need to be a bit naughty to realise what they actually have. All that unexpected freedom lol. I also used to get a load of kids change courses three quarters of a year through. That's normal too lol.

I'm so glad your daughter is going well. Keele is an amazing uni. A great reputation xxx

KimM said...

Good to see you again - I, too, took a bit of a sabbatical from blogging last year. Here's to us both back on the Blogging Bandwagon.😁
xxx

Justine said...

Great to see a post from you pop up! I love having a good clear out, but don't you find you now want to stitch everything that's left immediately?!
Glad to hear Rachael and Luke are doing well at their studies.

Katie said...

Glad to see a post from you. I went through all my stash in December too. It feels so good to have it all sorted out. Congrats on your finish. I had a few things just sitting there needing finished off. So sad. But they will be done....sometime. Glad to hear the kiddos are doing good. I thought blogging was dying off too but I've seen several newbies lately so I hope that means it's coming back. Blogging is my favorite. I like Instagram for posting my daily progress and looking back on it. But blogging wins hands down.