Friday 8 April 2016

Snowboarding (Luke), DIY (Luke), new stash (NOT Luke!)

For Christmas, we bought Luke a taster snowboard session at Chill Factore.  Well we actually gave him a home made voucher for one so that we could book it at any time.  About a month ago, I saw a Groupon for a 2 hour Beginner lesson which was only £10 more than what we were going to pay originally. This was booked for Tuesday and when Luke's instructor came over, it turned out that he was the only person booked on it and so had a private lesson.  I was amazed as I thought they would have just cancelled it in that case.  The photos aren't great as it was through glass and a fair way away from where we were sat.

This first one is Luke going up the belt. He is the one in black, more or less central in the photo.


Here he is at the top of the slope.  (Bent over, fixing his snowboard on)


In the last one, he is just moving for the first time.  He was held by the instructor as he practised sliding forward a bit and then stopping. I have to admit that he looked pretty good at it, but then he has great balance and is quite flexible.


Poor Luke has to make do with the box room in our house whic is tiny. However, despite this, he wanted to get a desk in so that he could study properly rather than either laying on his bed or getting kicked off the kitchen table at dinner time.  A quick visit to Ikea, saw this happen...

Luke built the shelving unit all by himself (and he used the instructions!) With the doors, I helped him with the first one and he did the rest by himself.  (Don't tell him, but I think he did a better job on the other three than I did!)


He also built the desk, which has a pull out drawer at the front, completely independently with absolutely no help from me at all.  It is a lovely compact desk for the space too.  I honestly didn't think that we would find one that would fit in the gap, but we did!



Now onto the best bit! (Sorry Luke!) New stash!!!

I decided to treat myself to the Holmsey's Hymms that have been released so far.  I am definitely not disappointed.  The charts are lovely and clear. Gaynor was very generous and sent me an extra chart as she was busy having fun with her gorgeous grand-daughter.  Thank you Gaynor.



11 comments:

KimM said...

What a handyman Luke is - great desk and cubbyhole. Looks like he enjoyed his snowboarding lesson. Looking forward to seeing the Holmsey patterns stitched and ready for action!
Hugs

Claudette497 said...

Great stash! I can't wait to see it stitched! Luke looks like he's set for studying!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Some great DIY by your son,all ready for studying.
I like yiur new stash,will have to take a closer look at the series.

Rachel said...

Good for Luke wanting his own proper studying space, and for building the furniture himself. I'm glad he enjoyed his snowboarding lesson too. As for your new stash... lovely! I hope you add the to your WIPs soon! :)

Justine said...

Chill Factore is great isn't it? Glad Luke enjoyed his snowboarding taster lesson. He did a great job with his bedroom though living in a house of Liverpool fans I can't approve his colour choices!
Love your new stash. Gaynor's designs really flow and are a pleasure to stitch. I'm sure you'll enjoy stitching them all!

Sally said...

It looks like Luke had a great time at his snowboarding lesson. Fantastic studying area too!

Ooh those charts are lovely. Looking forward to seeing you stitch them. I won a voucher on her Facebook group but am yet to stitch any of the charts I bought. I really must get around to them.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Luke looks like he had fun snowboarding, but I'd have been with you watching from a safe spot!

The charts look great, Gaynor will never make a fortune but she does make lots of friends through her generousity!

Mii Stitch said...

Great new stash!! I bet you can't wait to start them all :)

Heather said...

Looks like fun I love his room! Great new stash too!

Faith... said...

Luke did a great job! His study area looks great and I hope he enjoys it for years to come. Love your new stash, I love the Holmsey charts.

Angela said...

Great new stash, the Holmsey charts are too cute!