Sunday 4 January 2015

DSDUCJFC - Day 3

Yesterday, for day 3, I chose to start Shakespearean Fantasy.  It is a tiny little HaED chart with a mere 60 pages. Granted a few of them are part pages but even so...

I am stitching it on 28 ct white jobelan 2 over 1.  I did briefly toy with the idea of using black fabric so that I didn't have to stitch all the black background but VERY quickly scrapped that idea.

So, this is what it will look like one day.

Shakespearean Fantasy

This is what it looks now...500 stitches in starting with the top left hand corner. Don't get TOO excited.  That little white bit in the middle is where there will be one stitch of some colour other DMC 310.  I haven't looked to see what colour it will be as it might be a little too much excitement for me to contemplate a different colour! I'm sure the photo will be clickable if you really do have some kind of mad urge to examine the little black rectangle in more detail.  I will probably just about forgive you if you choose not to!  I think that perhaps the mark left by my Q Snap is possibly just as interesting :)


21 comments:

Justine said...

And you're going to finish this in 2015?! Great start on this stunning chart.

Neilteil said...

Haha, oh wow. That's a very nice black rectangle you have there! I love the chart and I can't wait to see what exciting colour resides in that white spot. :)

Katie said...

Wow! Of all the starts I've seen this one is the brightest most gorgeous start I've noticed to date. I had to put on sun glasses to look at it it's just so bright.

LOL Hey it's 500 stitches you don't have to stitch now. Hang in there. My blue blob is the same way.

Emma/Itzy said...

Nice choice in chart and I will enjoy watching you work on this one

Ruth said...

Oh my Lord!!!!! 60 pages?!?!?!!?! I'm conflicted between bowing down before you in utter humility and finding you a psychiatrist.

Good luck with this adventure in back and, eventually, many, many, many more color changes than I have the patience for. :)

Carol said...

Wow! I can't even imagine!! Good luck with this one--it is a gorgeous design :)

Heather said...

Such a fantastic little spark in the middle of a sea of darkness ;) can't wait to see your progress on this

CJ said...

Aren't you sure you'd like to stitch something much larger? lol

Good luck!!

CJ

Loretta said...

Beautiful chart. Looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

Shelly said...

Lol! I have admired this particular design because I have other charts from this artist. And they're all about fish and they're huge! I think 2016 will be a HAED year for me. Have fun stitching this!

Susan said...

I have a very similar black rectangle, but I filled in that stitch with the very dark navy blue- makes ALL the difference in the world!! LOL!! Great start.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well of course, it's tent stitch so that will reduce the stitching time by a half. So only fifty years LOL.

Hazel said...

That will be a beauty! I have a Josephine Wall which is about the same length but I am too afraid to start it. x

Caitlin D said...

Lol. I love this design, you are a brave woman!!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous chart Sharon. You made a good start on it. Good luck. I am going to enjoy watching you stitch on this.

Linda

Pull the other thread said...

Great start. Really looking forward to watching this one grow one page of 310 at a time. I also have it in my stash so am well aware of the amount of black in it.

Suz said...

This is probably my top favorite HAED. I look forward to seeing more progress, especially when you venture out of 310 territory!

gominam said...

I commend u for your courage and patience, I am a fan!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A tiny HAED? I think you will be tired of DMC 310 before you are finished. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this.

Brigitte said...

Wow, what a great design. I can understand that you were thinking about stitching it on black fabric because stitching for miles and miles with on ly 310 is not so very exciting. But stitching on black fabric is even less exciting, lol.

rosey175 said...

I'm both amazed and terrified that 60 pages is a tiny little HaED lol! You have a spectacular black square and I'm sure that little piece will be filled in and just make the whole thing sparkle ahaha.