Sunday 17 August 2014

A finish

I...have...a...finish!!!  Another one!

Don't faint, head between your knees helps to get the blood flowing to your head if you feel dizzy.

Long, long ago in the mists of time, I 'won' a travelling pattern - LHN's Home of a Needleworker.  I am ashamed to say that I have had this a lot longer than intended. So long in fact that I emailed Nic of Obsessive Cross Stitcher to check if she wanted the pattern back or for me to send it on its travels again.  Nic was more than happy for it to travel so if anyone would like to stitch it just leave a 'me please' type comment for me on this post and I will draw names next Sunday (23/8 or 8/23 depending on where you are from!)

This is what the pattern should look like when stitched.


This is my version of it...


As you can see I have made quite a few changes to it.  I didn't stitch the alphabets which meant that I would have had 2 borders next to each other which meant I needed to move the flowery one up and the name down.  This meant the crow/blackbird/whatever wouldn't fit in the space so I also turned the border with the flowers upside down with the intentions of turning the bird round the opposite way and fitting it in the space.  Then I decided that I didn't really like the random bird anyway so I replaced it with the heart that was between the lowercase alphabet and numerals but stitched 5 of them to fill the space better.  I am not totally happy with them though and am thinking of unpicking them and moving them up a row or maybe two.  What do you think?  The house is exactly as charted as is the 'Home of a Needleworker'.  Now to decide what to do with it!

16 comments:

Sally said...

I love how you've made changes to this. It looks lovely.

Please don't enter me though as I won another travelling pattern a few weeks ago and as soon as it arrives need to get to get started on it :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance! Don't put me in the draw because I've already hosted this TP some while ago.

You made some great changes too. I just framed mine in a nice rustic frame from Wilkos.

Annie said...

It looks lovely with your changes. Declare it done and move on! My to do list is too long to add another traveling pattern, but I 'm sure you will find a number of willing hosts!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Sharon. I wouldn't changed a thing on it. It is awesome.

Linda

stitchersanon said...

Lovely xx I was given this for my birthday and haven't even looked at it yet. I love your changes.

Angela said...

Congrats on your lovely finish! Please don't enter me though as my Mom stitched this lovely piece for me a few years ago :)

Justine said...

Beautiful. I love the changes you mad and I wouldn't change a thing. I have more than enough on the go but would love to stitch this so please enter me into your draw and I promise to squeeze it in somehow!

Julie said...

Lovely finish and i like your version the way it is.

Mii Stitch said...

Your model is just perfect! I personally wouldn't change a thing :)
I think I have this one in my stash, so I will pass on the offer.
Have a lovely day x

Katie said...

I will pass on the pattern but I wish everyone else luck.

Love your changes. It looks perfect and it's an unique piece now. I think it would make an adorable pillow type finish.

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish. Love your changes to it and it looks great just the way it is.
Please consider me for the next person to stitch.

Frances said...

What clever changes you made! It looks really good, and yours is an "original"!!
I have so much started right now so I will pass on the draw! It is lovely, and I'll be interested to see how the next person stitches it!
Really lovely!

Brigitte said...

A lovely finish that you have here. And those changes you made are really good. It just appens from time to time that we don't love a part or parts of a chart, so why not leave them out.

Brigitte said...

Oh, please, don't put in the draw, I have too much on my plate right now.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love your changes. I recently bought this myself, my intention is to one day have a wall full of stitching related stitched pieces!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Like everyone, I think the changes you've made look good. I wouldn't alter what you've done.