Saturday 5 July 2014

Theme-a-licious update - late as usual!

Ok, Ok Ok...let's just ignore the fact that I was looking at the wrong year for the theme for June.  Post edited to reflect that we are now in 2014 and NOT 2012!

Firstly, I am trying to get Home of a Needleworker finished.  This is where I am so far.  Sorry it's a rubbish photo but I have joined a SAL on facebook to finish an old WIP and start and finish a new one too. Oh...this one fits as it has a little black bird in it (2013).  However, as we are stitching bright colours this one really doesn't fit with this month!


I have also joined The Frosted Pumpkin's Halloween SAL, I should have declared this in last month's SfS but forgot about it.  I will have to email Mel and see whether to add it retrospectively or in this month's figures.  This has some birds in it (2013). But of course for this year's bright colours theme, it is the pumpkins that grab the attention.  They are a gorgeous shade of orange that just doesn't look as good in this photo.


And a bit of progress was seen on the Cut Thru Stable too.  This one is DEFINITELY bright.  I love the colours in it.


July is 'Jubilee July' and we are either celebrating or in the biblical sense of jubilee 'setting free' projects that we no longer love, for whatever reason.  I have set free some of my projects that were started for the children when they were younger.  Cath took Tinkerbelle and Belle for Love Quilts as well as the Disney Princess RR that fell through as she thinks she can salvage something from that for charity too.  The 3 Thomas the Tank Engine designs were released to Steph whose son will enjoy them.  I also sent her the finished one too. 

I'm not sure what I will stitch to celebrate this month.  I am currently stitching a Christmas design and we celebrate Christmas so maybe that will count?

8 comments:

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Good progress on your three pieces.

Faith... said...

Love the Cut Thru Stable and I just love the SAL too! Great stitching.

Linda said...

So happy to see the Stable again Sharon. Nice progress on everything. I'm going to start that challenge the end of the month as I'm doing the current one.

Linda

jocondine said...

Great work in June, can't wait to see Cut Thru Stable finished !

Pull the other thread said...

Lovely progress on everything.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I must admit I really enjoy working on wonderfully bright coloured pieces.

Your stitching is looking good!

SoCal Debbie said...

I love the orange pumpkins! Great progress on Stable too! I added it to the SAL page.

Annette-California said...

Wonderful progress on all 3! I was so happy to see those pretty pumpkins. I too am started stitching a Halloween project. love Annette