Tuesday 6 August 2013

Day out with the kids - no stitching

During the summer holidays we have a box that we pull ideas out of for things to do.  They might be big trips or it might be a game of cricket over the hard court area depending on what people put in during the course of the year.  Today was a 'biggy'.  We went to The Crocky Trail and had a fabulous day.

It is great for kids of all ages.  Apparently the funniest moment of the day was me failing miserably to do the barrel run.  Think massive overgrown barrel that spins rapidly and you have to run through...hahahaha.  Well I fell over and Luke came to help but he fell over so we were just banging into each other.  I was laughing my socks off and just gave up trying to stand up or crawl out and just laid on my back howling with laughter. Then came the ultimate embarrassment - the man operating it stopped it so that I could get off!!!!!!! Hilarious!

There are lots of wobbly bridges going over little stream, some with handrails some without.  I didn't manage to fall in, much to Luke's disgust and probably went over about half of them.  Some I just looked at and thought ' no way!'  Luke is very agile and was able to run across most of them.  I did however set a new record for going over the 'fallen log' - about 5 minutes!  There was something of a queue behind me but I was not going to be beaten and wasn't going to jump down.

We had a great time doing all the activities together and it was a brilliant day out.

This is a huge bridge in the middle of a field that you had to pull yourself up one side and run down the other. Yikes!

Big slide...yikes!


This next slide was called Surf the Waves and moved up and down.  I'm sure surfing is supposed to be done on your feet though!


Luke made it through...


...Rachael made it through...


...mum made it through...


...ermmm...no, she didn't :)


Luke on a bridge.


What happened to the hand rails?  I'm sure that wouldn't pass 'elf and safety.


HELP!!!!!!!


Mum can't watch.  Under the mat is a stream and the mat isn't as wide as it looks!


This should be at the top with the first photo.  Luke running down 'the other side'.


See the chain by Luke's left hand?  Well each corner of the bridge had one so it was VERY wobbly!


The tunnel.  It is only the flash lighting this, in reality it was pitch black.



Stepping stone bridge.  You can't tell but the stream is about 6ft underneath the bridge.



Rachael telling me to come on the log.


Arrrrgggggghhhhhhh...LET ME OFF!


You shuffled along these barrels to ring the bell at the end.  Unless you are like me in which case you fall off on the first barrel to the great mirth of your children. 


Final bridge!


No it's not!


Another go on the wibbly wobbly one!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Sharon. Thanks for the great pictures. It looks like such fun.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Look like you all had a great time!!

Shirlee said...

What a fun day for all of you! Those bridges look scary though!

Brigitte said...

Everyone seems to have had a lot of fun at that day out!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This looks amazing! There is a place near us called Bewilderwood which is more suited to the younger kids but nothing like this.

I've shared their website with a local group I belong to. Don't worry, I didn't link your blog so they won't all be laughing at you falling down!! Kudos for trying though.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This looks amazing! There is a place near us called Bewilderwood which is more suited to the younger kids but nothing like this.

I've shared their website with a local group I belong to. Don't worry, I didn't link your blog so they won't all be laughing at you falling down!! Kudos for trying though.