Monday, 5 November 2012

Very belated WIPocalypse post

Well I have been stitching away through WIPocalypse even though I keep forgetting to update for it.  First up is Confetti of Hardanger by Abi Gurden.  I had so many problems with part 3 that I left that and did part 4 instead.  I went back to Part 3 a few days ago and managed to work out where I was going wrong and correct it.  I am also trying a new technique for the eyelets where instead of a controlled pull I just give a sharp tug.  This has really helped to open up the hole in the centre and I really like the look of them.  There is a close up of the eyelets and then a view of the piece as a whole. 



I know I only posted this a few days ago and strictly speaking it wasn't a WIP but it's cute so you can see it again...lol.


And then is a giraffe that I started about 3 1/2 years ago.  I am going to try to stitch one or two lengths of thread on this each day.  I really hate the fabric.  It's a very stiff aida and splitting the fabric for quarter stitches requires a pneumatic drill not a needle.


I did a little bit more on the Flip It's series but have run out some of the threads or didn't buy them to start with so it will have to wait.  I might move onto February whilst I wait for them.


The final project to get some love was Sunflower Fairy.  I have no idea why but I just had an urge to work on her one night and in that time stitched everything except the green.


At the moment I am working on a RR and I have a Christmas Exchange to decide on too.  I am thinking of doing a rotation to try and stop my butterfly tendencies which show no sign of abating at the moment.  I have roughed out a plan and posted it on a separate page.  Have a look if you like.

And finally....don't forget to enter the giveaway on the previous post if you would like to.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Great progress on all your pieces. The Sunflower fairy is looking cute :)

Melinda said...

Love your comment about the drill instead of a needle when trying to do hose fractional stitches on some AIDAs

Your WIPS look beautiful, at some point I will try Hardanger, it always looks so pretty

SoCal Debbie said...

I laughed at your comment about the pneumatic drill for quarter stitches! I used a sharp needle on my last project on Aida and it worked so much better.

The Confetti of Hardanger is absolutely beautiful! Sunflower Fairy looks very pretty, too!

Shirlee said...

Wow! You are really making a dent in all your projects!

Nicola said...

Your stitching is going so well, your Hardanger piece is delightful.

Linda said...

Great progress on all your pieces Sharon. The drill comment made me laugh. I have the same problem. pulled out the LK monthly Flip-its that you started. They will be one of my 30 starts this year. I am doing them separately. Love all the pieces your working on. Do whatever rotation works for you. I've started several rotations that have lasted a week. Then I just go back to stitching on whatever I feel like.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress!! I love the first design & the giraffe looks like fun too!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the progress on Sunflower Fairy, keep stitching her!
I fail to understand why people supply aida for designs with fractionals in, it just doesn't compute! I do use a sharp needle if forced but usually try to sub a nice evenweave instead.

geeky Heather said...

That hardanger is BEAUTIFUL, and your eyelets look great. LOL at the pneumatic drill for the Aida...yup, I would have subbed the fabric as well!

Tama said...

I feel your pain about the drill-requiring fabric, lol! The problem's usually the industrial strength starch the manufacturer uses. If you wash it, it'll get a little softer. If you wash and press it several times, it'll be lovely and soft, but I don't know if the floss would hold up to that.