Sunday 4 January 2009

Sparklies fabric arrived

I ordered a couple of pieces of Sparklies fabrics the other day after seeing them on the blog. They arrived yesterday and are gorgeous. They feel like they will be really nice to stitch with. I only ordered the small cuts of 9 x 13 as I wanted to try them before committing to a bigger piece. The 4 I ordered are Thalia, Shades of Autumn, Pumpkin Patch and Fire. The service was great, with lots of communication at every stage of my order. I was impressed to receive it so promptly and would highly recommend using them.

Also today, I finished part 9 of "How does Your Garden Grow?" Only 3 more parts to complete now. I have decided to focus on this now until it is completed.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does your garden grow is very pretty. Lovely pinks and purples.

I have quite a lot of Sparklies fabric. I've even got a couple of pieces she's dyed especially for me from ideas I had. Kate is great and I too would recommend her.

Shebafudge said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that they won't be the last pieces I order!! Shhhhh.........don't tell DH ;-)

Chiloe said...

I never tried this brand (I'm a Silkweaver addict ... ) Are those linen, aida or evenweave?

Shebafudge said...

The ones I got are lugana but there is aida and linen on the site too. It feels at least as nice as Silkweaver but maybe a bit softer.

Kristin said...

Wow..they have gorgeous fabrics. I love the way your How Does Your Garden Grow is coming together!

Kate said...

Beautiful purchases! Hand dyed fabric is a real weakness of mine. I haven't tried Sparklies, but I might just have to give them a go. Have fun finishing off the SAL, it's just breathtaking when it's done.

Kitty said...

Ooh thank you for the glowing report, I'm blushing now :)

Your garden is looking fabulous. I've downloaded all the parts but just haven't had the chance to even think about starting it yet.

Sharon said...

Beautiful fabric and beautiful wip!

Shell said...

the garden looks so pretty,lovely colours.I can see why you will be buying more fabric,very nice.How strong is the perfume on the DMC threads?

Shebafudge said...

Thank you all for the kind comments. The perfume is not very strong at all. It is quite a pleasant smell but I suspect if you didn't have the packet it would be hard to tell what it was supposed to be!