Sunday 14 September 2008

A much happier post!

First I would like to thank all of you who have sent me messages of support both here and via my email. They really helped to cheer me and make me feel better. Thank you!!!

Now my first bit of good news................Biskey has returned home! Saturday morning and the children were downstairs first. Colin and I were woken up by Rachael squealing at the top of her voice "He's back........he's back.......Biskey's back." Hilariously we leapt out of bed but Colin must have been sound asleep as he was going "uuuhhh..........whasss up........whass wrong.......whassgoinon." Apparently he was goggle eyed too the children tell me! It was so funny. Naturally we all charged downstairs and scared the life out of the poor cat as we were all so excited and thrilled. I would imagine he has been locked up/in somewhere as he looked very clean and not at all as though he had been roughing it for the last week. He has lost some weight but nothing substantial.
The next bit of good news is that Trick or Treat and I have sorted out our differences and she has sworn to behave herself from now on!! I think I have done more frogging on her than on all the other pieces I have stitched together. However stitching is progressing nicely and here are a few pics.
This is all I have stitched so far. I wouldn't normally stitch the metallic and bead it until all the cross stitch is finished but there is so much of it I thought I would make an exception this time. I am toying with changing the colour of the Trick or Treat writing to the same as in her dress (the diamond bit) as it is the most gorgeous metallic red ever and I think it would really brighten the design a bit too. What do you think?

This next one is of the moon that for some reason has caused me SO much trouble.

And finally we have a close up of a section of beading simply because I have finally worked out what the macro button does on my camera!!

And finally..................it was Denton Carnival today which is getting bigger and better every year. Both Rachael and Luke were walking in the procession today. Rachael's dance group were dancing to Singing in the Rain and others. We spent ages decorating an umbrella for it. All the girls were dressed in black and danced with their brollies. They were fabulous. Luke's Beavers group dressed as characters from Monster's Inc and were about 3 groups behind us. I haven't any pictures of Luke as I walked with Rachael but Colin took some with the old 35mm camera. Hopefull I can post some of Luke once we get the pics developed. Strangely, although Rachael looks as though she is posing for this photo, I was just lucky to catch her like it.

Oh................by the way....................I have added a gadget that lets me know who follows my blog. Please feel free to add yourself it you would like to.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I love her decorated umbrella. And I am so happy Biskey has come home!

Veronica said...

Glad to hear that Biskey has arrived home safe and sound.

Halloween Fairy is looking gorgeous. I think the words would look pretty stitched in red. It really is up to you :)

Anonymous said...

So glad Biskey turned up safe and sound.

The carnival sounds like it was great fun!

I think you should go with doing the writing in the red. It'll look stunning.

Daffycat said...

That is super news the cat turned up!

Trick or Treat Fairy looks great even with all that frogging you had to do!

Wow, the carnival looks like tons of fun!

Kathy said...

Glad Biskey has arrived home safely. Halloween Fairy looks great so far, I ahve this one to do, but have about 7 other WIPs to finish first lol.

The umbrella looks great, and what a great of her too.

hugsxxx